AT CAMP CHOP, THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR CAMPERS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
Camp CHOP undergoes an extensive American Camp Association (ACA) accreditation process every five years.
The accreditation requires we adhere to more than 250 standards ranging from health and safety to program design.
- All of our staff are trained in first aid, CPR, and water safety. They are drilled on safety procedures and are trained in what to do in the event of an emergency.
- Our onsite nurse tends to camper needs twenty-four hours a day, ensuring medications are taken on time and all the campers' health needs are met.
- A camper health form must be filled out with a current physical and a doctor’s signature.
- Please note any allergies the camper has on the health form.
- We can accommodate most special diets. Please note special dietary needs on the camper health form.
We work hard to ensure the health and safety of each camper and the very best Camp CHOP experience. If you have any additional questions about your camper’s health and safety needs, contact our summer camp director,
John Swanwick at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 434-454-4059
Health Center & Nurse
- A registered nurse, nurse practitioner, or physician lives onsite for the summer.
- Our health center is fully equipped to handle minor healthcare needs.
- All medications (both prescription and over-the-counter) are stored and dispensed through the Health Center.
- All staff are trained in medical emergency response.